The Governance Global Practice (GGP) in MENA focuses on two strategic objectives:
- Helping developing partner countries build their FM capacity, and
- Providing reasonable assurance that financing provided by the Bank is being used for the intended purposes with economy and efficiency.
The FM Unit provides assessment, design, and implementation support services to ensure that, for Bank-financed operations, partner countries have in place appropriate FM arrangements.These include support for the achievement of project development objectives, compliance with Bank FM requirements, and the development of sustainable FM capacity. It actively seeks to use country FM systems where they are assessed as adequate.
Provides information on the overall fiduciary environment and risks, and promotes and supports building FM capacity as appropriate for each country’s development priorities and institutional environment. It provides FM diagnostics, policy and technical advice, advisory services, and technical and project assistance to partner countries. It also facilitates FM learning, knowledge exchanges, and access to relevant global expertise.
Establish arrangements for portfolio and budget monitoring of operational services, ensuring value-for-money and consistent quality across the board. It also promotes region-wide initiatives to create and disseminate knowledge. The Connecting Voices of MENA initiative provides a platform for learning and dialogue among relevant regional stakeholders to promote sound public financial management and corporate financial reporting.
Pillars & Events
CVMENA has 4 pillars: (see the "Events" section)
- The Exchange (major annual forum)
- Boot Camp (practical and innovative gathering)
- Solutions Lab (problem solving brainstorm)
- Maarefah (online community of practice)